Thursday, December 29, 2011

Now I'm REALLY going 'are you kidding me?!!!!!' Yes, my throat has now been strange for more than a day. I was really hoping that when I woke up this morning that it would be normal. No such luck. Well, two weeks ago I WAS down at the university to write an exam, I guess I must have picked something up then. Sigh. It has now been three weeks of pretty much constant illness. Yes, I have had a little bit of a reprieve from, say, friday or saturday until about tuesday, but even then, I was still dealing with the after-effects of cold number one (if this throat thing turns into cold number two), and the 'episode'. It's moments like this when I get so, well, worried that it's just going to continue on and on and on like this, and I will not be able to be the student I love to be.

Okay, now that I have had my little 'pity party', it's time to change my attitude and have a paradigm shift. Yes, if this is another cold coming on, it's a bit strange but not impossible even if I had an immune system at peak efficiency, even at being 21 years old. I can get through this. Instead of focusing on what I can't do, I need to focus on what I can do, and do that. I was just listening to a story on the radio about a refugee camp in Haiti. Huge paradigm shift. I can get through this...I am still incredibly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment