Saturday, December 17, 2011

A cold? Honestly? But I am still grateful!

Yes, I have come down with a cold on top of everything. Given that none of my students have been sick the past two weeks of lessons, I am going to pin the blame for this on my fellow FoM-ers. Oh well. In the end, I was probably due for one, as I have not had one since September, but seriously? I was JUST starting to get back to normal from my December 7th aftermath! Now I have to deal with breathing issues in two ways...

The good news is that I am now done teaching until January 4th AND I got another student for Sunrise today.

Last night, after watching White Christmas, I was feeling rather blue and depressed. So, when I went to bed, I decided I would start writing down a list of all the people I am grateful for. I fell asleep still writing, more than 40 minutes later. I figured I would just write down EVERY person I could think of, which led to quite an extensive list of composers and authors as well. For, even though I will never meet Jane Austen, Beethoven, Charlotte Bronte, Galileo etc, I am grateful for all they have done! I love music, so where would I be without composers? I love the flute, so where would I be without Theobald Boehm? I love reading, so where would I be without the works of Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Jean Little, C.S. Lewis, Leo Tolstoy, etc etc? I enjoy listening to music, so where would I be without the recordings of James Ehnes, James Galway, Susan Hoepner, Anton Kuerti, Angela Hewitt, Emanual Ax...you get the picture.

Seeing as it was rather late at night, I couldn't do the 'encourage others' trick, so this did help. I didn't even get down THINGS that I was grateful for...that would also be a long list. Yes, I could function in a world without a microwave, toaster, plug-in kettle, battery powered metronome, hand soap dispenser and other such items of the modern world, but I am grateful for them as they make my life easier.

God has given me so much. I cannot help but be grateful for everything!!!!! And THAT is the best way to kick depression in the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment