Thursday, December 29, 2011

50 minutes!

Yes, I was able to play amadeus (my flute!) for 50 minutes (ish). My right arm is in a bit of a protesting mood though now. I may have overdone it slightly, but I miss playing my flute like normal SO SO SO MUCH!

Cold-developing-wise, things are still on a bit of a plateau. I have had some mild chills/hot flashes which is actually pretty uncommon for me with a cold, but not anything crazy. My throat is about the same, but my sinuses aren't bothering me thankfully. If I'm lucky, this will still NOT develop into anything. In the meantime, I need to appreciate the 'healthy' time I have left, if it IS going to develop into something. Which means I should go to bed earlier tonight. I DID go to bed earlier last night...and ended up sleeping even later. It was almost noon when I got up. A far cry from the 8 and 8:30 am I set my alarms for. I'd like to wake up earlier if only to avoid strange, strange, strange dreams. Last week, I dreamed that I was getting a very painful echocardiogram-not from a doctor, but from the professor of the Race and Immigration course I dropped last year. Talk about strange on that one. Last night, I dreamed that I had a baby brother and that somehow, my dad and I had lost him in the Superstore parking lot. Even stranger...and disturbing. Plus, the parking lot was in different layers. I don't seem to get these dreams if I don't end up sleeping more than 10 hours..

Or maybe it's just something with sleeping past 10am. Either way...

It's true that God will never give us more than we can handle. I can do this, through his grace, and through the support of those around me.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better today; I'm glad you're getting as much rest as you can.

    Yes, I agree, dreams are very strange. Sounds like you've been having some doozies lately! :-)

    Take care!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete