Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow will be 2 months since my genetics test. It would certainly be special if I got the results tomorrow, although I have a feeling that that won't happen! My guess is that the longer it takes, the more likely it is that I do indeed have Mosaic Turner's Syndrome. That might sound counter-intuitive, but to me it makes sense in this regard. Unlike some disorders where you either have or you don't have it (ex, having a specific gene for sickle cell anemia for instance), my X chromosomes could be varying degrees of 'not-there'. That takes time to figure out just what karotype they are. If they are completely there, then it would make sense for them to see that quickly. We shall see.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment