Monday, February 11, 2013

Dietician appointment

Had an insightful (I guess-that may not be exactly the word I am looking for) appointment with my dietician this morning. Fortunately, it was in the morning before the fatigue really hits badly. Mornings have generally always been my best time, guess it still stands.

My dietician mentioned that it may be worthwhile talking to my doctor about domperidone for a short-term, low-dosage course (1-2 months) to see if it helps my digestive system kick back into gear properly and work at the right speed so that I can actually feel hunger (besides just having my brain shut down) and not feel like eating is such a chore. I think it's worth looking into even though I'm generally cautious about any medication. Right now, I'm cold, tired, have a mild headache, and am concerned about my two midterms later this week. I think the past two or three nights I've been dreaming about getting the genetic test results, or results from other tests, but I'm not completely sure if it was all the nights. The really weird one was early sunday morning when the doctor giving me the results was Dr. Travis Stork (one of the hosts of the TV show 'The Doctors') and somehow my mom was involved. Anytime I dream about my mom it seems to involve her being there when I get test results or other things like that. Which just upsets things further. I guess it's my brain trying to process what it would be like if I had her in my life right now and DID get the test results back-how I would approach the situation. Although we loved each other dearly, I was never truly able to talk to her about things of any deep real importance to me. Sometimes, it's a little bit hard to see how other mothers and daughters have relationships like that, sometimes I just file it away and think that if I have a daughter, I will work so that that relationship can be a possibility someday. Such examples as my friend/fellow teacher S, who is in her fifties (about my mom's age I guess) whose daughter is only 28 weeks along with twins and will likely be delivering them early-within the next anytime-3 weeks. Well, naturally S is both very concerned for her daughter and future grandchildren and also TICKED off with the doctor-not even her daughter's doctor!-who told her this in such a way that her daughter was absolutely devastated, upset and whatnot (a situation that is NOT going to help her chances of giving the babies every single day that she can). S can definitely show her mama-bear claws when she wants to! She is DEFINITELY one of those women whose children will ALWAYS be her babies.

But I digress. I sure hope that her daughter can carry at least until 30 weeks, when the risk of complications are much lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment