Sunday, January 1, 2012

Rough start, but it's gotten better.

It was a rough start to the new year...I was too emotional to go to bed until after 1am, so I fell asleep perhaps a bit around 2am, and didn't fully wake up until about noon. Sigh on that part. I did wake up around 9am, with my dad telling me that he had a stomach virus or something and thus would not be going to church, which is the main reason I slept so late. Well, that and that I obviously needed to sleep 10 (!) hours. Or more. I was still quite tired when I got up, but could not imagine that I had slept that late...I have pretty much never done that. The last time I remember doing that was when I was 9 or 10. Sigh. I want to be a 'normal' adult and do well with 7-8 hours, I can't be living on what a 10 year old or even younger needs for sleep! When I sleep this late, I get super messed up with eating as well, which just worsens everything, it's a vicious cycle. Because I cannot see myself eating a meal past say, 8pm, so I end up just eating two meals a day...but then I'm more tired, but to eat better, I need to sleep less, you get the picture.

So, I have secluded myself a bit in my room, and am trying to avoid my dad, which is somewhat hard-generally when someone in my family or friends if we are on a trip is ill, I am the one right there. BUT, given how out of the blue that previous cold was, and is still lingering slightly, I have a feeling that my immune system is probably a bit run down, and with whatever going on with my heart, I don't want to put anything else into the mix. Especially not a stomach virus.

The good ending is that two of my friends just got engaged! I am so happy for them! An engagement or a birth always makes me incredibly joyful! I've known them both for years-one since grade seven, the other since grade eight (they are one year behind me). Both played french horn in the junior and high school, and they are wonderful people.

Just waiting to hear from another friend about when she delivers her fourth child-the first boy! She is now overdue by a couple of days, so we are praying for a very smooth, easy delivery...especially as her children have gotten progressively bigger...her first daughter was 8pounds, the second was 9.5 pounds, her third was 11pounds, 1 oz...so we are not wanting ANY bigger!

Perhaps I should go to bed now, on a really good note. I actually am planning to...besides, I need to get back into a habit of waking up earlier, and given that I seem to need so much sleep, that means going to bed earlier.

May tomorrow bring great joy and happiness as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment