Saturday, January 14, 2012

Best position for breathing?

And...it seems that the easiest way for me to breath is when I am bending over...I discovered this randomly tonight when I was practising. It was a trick that my former flute teacher L. used to have me do on a regular basis...bending over and playing a passage. Low and behold, whatever that position did, until I started getting dizzy from too much blood rushing to my head, I was able to breathe a LOT more normally, for a lot longer. I'll have to remember it as a temporary quick-fix...

When I say bending over, I am not kidding. I am standing up, and then bending at the waist so that my head is almost at the ground (allowing enough space for my arms to hold and play my flute). I do not even remember WHY this position works for helping a flute player out (but it does have something to do with breathing). I will have to ask L about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment