Saturday, January 7, 2012

Aaron Copland- Appalachian Spring part 2 Allegro



My Wind Ensemble at University played this first semester of my third year...well, we played an arrangement for Wind Ensemble, some of which our conductor (who is quite good at it) had arranged. There are many places where there is, again, that emotionally-stirring-ness (for lack of a better term). If memory serves me correctly (and while much of that day is CRYSTAL clear, I cannot remember all of it), we rehearsed Appalachian Spring QUITE a bit on November 2nd, when my heart was truly, truly in a hospital room 21km away (yes, that is the distance from the university to the hospital my mom was at...I once measured the distance from my house to the university, and the hospital was about 1km away-visible from our back yard) and not on the music. And this music made my heart be torn even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment