Monday, January 2, 2012

Hacking.

Honestly! Today I went online to my Visa Debit account and found out that I have been hacked-fortunately for only $26.32, but still! That was half of what was in my account in the first place. I certainly did not make any payments to an Islamic Centre in Austin, Texas. I changed my password and pin immediately, and went hunting both on the online site for information, and in my written booklet. Nothing about what to do should something like this happens. Given that CAA is closed today, I will probably go over tomorrow to close the account. This is incredibly frustrating! I have a small, relatively fixed income, and the main reason I use the Visa Debit card anyways is for ordering materials for my MYC classes.

It just amazes me that people will do these things. Did they not anything in kindergarten? I guess there is just a different feeling to things...if you can't see someone, who cares? A credit card number has no face, nor does a random email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment