Thursday, January 31, 2013

Whoops!

This is what I say in regards to two things that occurred last night. The first is that I forgot to take my seroquel before I got into bed, and then wondered why I wasn't feeling as tired as I should (this came after realizing that I had written five full pages in my journal whereas I usually can't write more than two). So, at 1-something AM, I took my seroquel. That meant that I was still awake enough (almost asleep, but not quite) to hear a rather large thump/thud/something at around 2am. I brushed it off as nothing, mostly because I was tired by that point, and we have been having a lot of snow plows around and maybe it was that, or perhaps it was merely my dad banging into something on his way to get some water (my hope...) or whatever.

Well. I get up this morning and find on several lamps, and the curtains still closed. I think that that's a little bit odd, given that it's actually sunny out, and my dad wouldn't have left THAT early to go volunteer at the food bank. I check the back door to see if his slippers are there, because with all the lamps on and curtains drawn, not to mention the fact that the paper has not been brought in, I've started to get a bit concerned-my dad, after all, is not the youngest person on the block anymore, and if something had happened several hours earlier, I might not have noticed anything. His slippers were where they needed to be for having left the house, so I relax, turn off all the lamps, bring in the paper, open the curtains, and go to make myself some tea-and that's when I see the note.

Turns out the large thud in the middle of the night was him falling out of bed (it happens on a semi-regular basis). Whoops number one. Whoops number two is that he cut his ear while doing so, and because of taking aspirin, has problems clotting. Whoops number three is that after not being able to get it to stop bleeding for an hour or two he went to the emergency room instead of the urgent care center-which I gently chidded him on when phoned an hour or so ago (had he gone to the urgent care center, he likely would have waited less than an hour, whereas it is now going on 8 hours of waiting at the ER-which is no surprise given that my friend with 80/50 blood pressure and a whole whack of pre-existing conditions wasn't seen for 8 hours).

So that is the start to the morning. I'm glad that the thunk only resulted in a cut year and that I didn't walk in to find that my dad had had a heart attack or stroke while I was sleeping.

Now, to finish psychology lectures and lesson plan. Hopefully the website that has the psychology lectures will be up and running properly today as compared to tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment