Monday, January 7, 2013

Bernat Baby's Breath Blanket

Finished weaving in the ends of this blanket tonight. I started it on...new year's eve (?) I think, so it took about a week to make...and that wasn't even with exclusive or really all that much knitting. It's a super bulky yarn called Bernat Baby's Breath, and the pattern is pretty simple. Unfortunately, the yarn has been discontinued, but I have enough of this yarn left to make two more blankets, and Bernat does always provide an 'acceptable' substitute yarn, so I can still use the patterns again. I'm going to make a pink cabled blanket with some extra top and bottom edging in a pink/blue mixed colour called 'Baby Powder' next, and I have enough green and yellow yarn to make a blanket the 'reverse' of this one-green as the main colour, yellow as the contrast. I doubt that it will get finished quite as quickly as this one though...classes started back at the university today! Just one, and we all had our laugh in that our professor showed up at the wrong classroom. Given that we had all had him for at least two, if not three classes previously, we were actually somewhat concerned when he didn't show up on time because he is punctual to a fault. Unfortunately, my kidneys or whatever decided to be stupid, and I was in quite a bit of discomfort for most of the class...my notes are hardly even legible, I just wanted it to be finished. It was good to see some of my friends and fellow students again, and I was happy to see that four that I know very well were in the class with me-my friends R, K, M and K...quite an assortment, as in order, they play oboe, viola, composer, and french horn. Oh, and my other composer friend IC. It's always nice to know that you are in a class with fellow hard-working students.

Well, I need to go to bed soon...have been up since 6:15, and can't sleep in too long tomorrow...have a funeral that I really should attend, and then meeting up with my friend N for some much needed coffee/tea talk! Plus, my room has gotten surprisingly disorganized for being perfectly organized when I left my house at 7:00 this morning. Must sort that out.




No comments:

Post a Comment