Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fathers

MY dad is fine. All they did was put steri-strips on his ear, which has led me to, somewhat wrongly, tease him a bit about rushing off because of a boo-boo. That, and worry about him falling out of bed AGAIN. It seems he does this at least once a month now. This is the first time he has gotten injured besides bruises however. I guess his being overweight does protect his bones a bit.

However, a facebook post informed me that a friend's dad was killed in a car accident a few days ago. Ouch. My heart immediately ached for him. I don't know this particular friend especially well, but I sent a more personal email message to him, trying not to sound too Dr. Phil-ish but letting him know a little bit...what helped me (for which I actually did say talking with a counsellor...an interesting step in the right direction), that everything he felt was normal.

Oy.

Life.

Precious.

Changed in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment