Saturday, January 26, 2013

Seroquel worries

Considering upping my Seroquel dosage. It's a challenging question to think of. All the medical professionals in my life say "Well, you're not even at a therapeutic dosage, you have some of the stuff that put you on it in the first place going on..." and on and on.

They are right on those two points. 50mg is not a therapeutic dosage. I don't honestly know if Seroquel really ever did anything besides knocking me out in the first place...and sleep is a huge issue for me in terms of my intense need for it. To be honest, it's hard to judge whether things really do work on the brain, especially because it takes quite a bit of time for things to change. This is a stressful time for me, and sometimes I feel like I'm 'checked out'. Like yesterday, when I was babysitting. I was obviously able to care appropriately for the children, and they were absolutely safe, and I was trying to be as engaged as possible, and perhaps I was just tired, but I was upset with myself for not being as 'there' as I wanted to be. And my mind is spinning over a mistake that I made. I got a text later that night saying "Did the kids actually watch Bambi? It was in the player". The answer I sent back was "About 5 minutes total...N (who is 4 years old) found it and asked...hope that was okay". Turns out that he is not allowed to watch it yet. Whoops...I feel horrible, even though it was only 5 minutes. Short attention span, mostly we spent time playing "Larry Boy Super Heros". I honestly had no clue that it wasn't allowed yet, and I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't know he hadn't watched it yet (he sort of acted like he had, calling it by name and what-not) and I also haven't watched it! I think I know the basic story, but I haven't seen it all the way through. Actually, the only part I have seen is about those first five minutes where the animals are helping Bambi learn to walk-which I saw yesterday. Perhaps things would be different, but this was the first time I babysat for these kids, and I naturally don't want to break any rules that the family has or put the kids in any harm whatsoever, even if it comes from a Disney movie! So I'm spinning around on this even though it was an honest, and in this case, harmless incident.

And then I sometimes feel slightly checked out when teaching, and that hurts.

So the question really is this...is upping the Seroquel dosage going to help, or further hinder things? I deal with sometimes near crushing amounts of fatigue, so much so that I feel physically ill even though I've gotten plenty of sleep. I wish there were easy answers, and I really wish that I had answers for my fatigue. Oh, it's not like it was in December of 2011, but some days can be a fair amount like that time-like a good chunk of tuesday. I want to be completely checked in with my life, I want to be giving of myself fully. And I have no idea what's going to help and what's not...

No comments:

Post a Comment