Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I cannot think of a title, so this is it!

Basically, today was a normal tuesday. Wind ensemble, practicing, finally getting down to that 20th century assignment (which, no, I have not yet completed, but have made a good dent in and will finish after this blog), and then Ethno at 7. Ethno was definitely the highlight of today. We heard such a wide range of music, it was just breathtaking. And of course, the professor is just amazing. He is honestly one of the best teachers/professors I've had, and that's saying something because I've had many outstanding teachers. I think this course is shaping up to be my favourite since I started university!

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the head psychiatrist of the eating disorder program. To say I'm a bit apprehensive is an understatement...but, it has to be done, so might as well get it over and done with. I still haven't completed my group homework-I also need to do that. I don't have class until 11:30 tomorrow morning, so I'm going to work on both of these things tonight until they're done, and then sleep till around 9, then catch the bus at 10. Should work out, I hope. My mom also has an appointment tomorrow-more chemo. Her white cell count is back up, so it's a go. I think she was hoping to have another week off, but at least this is the last one until she gets another ct scan. Her blood tests show that one of the cancer hormone indicators isn't as high as it has been, so that COULD mean that the chemo has had an effect. We won't know until the next CT scan. There's just so much cancer in this world. Yesterday, my orchestra conductor told us that the head of the board had died, rather suddenly, from lung cancer. We hadn't even known that he was sick-it just developed over the summer and my conductor didn't known until he was told that he'd died over the weekend. When he started saying sad news and then the name, I got that hot-cold ice water rush all over. It just makes me mad sometimes how much cancer there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment