Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday

Thursdays are generally really good days, completely filled with music! Perhaps a bit less so today, as I did not rehearse with my guitar player, nor did we have our flute sectional. Oh well. Next week is music festival week, and we are going to be insanely crazily busy!

Normally, my thursday schedule looks a little bit like this:

7:10-catch bus to university-attempt to read 20th century textbook, listen to playlist on ipod titled 'Energizing Music' (included amongst it is the MYC theme song, Beethoven's 5th symphony (1st and 4th movements), many pieces that I have played in bands/wind ensemble/orchestra over the years, Celtic Partita...) but likely not get too much read and feel guilty.
8:10-make more green tea, go practice
10:30-rehearse with my guitar player
11:30-flute sectional for Wind Ensemble
12:30-rush across campus for Wind Ensemble
1:15-Wind Ensemble rehearsal
3:30-bus home, read 20th century textbook...
4:50-prep for teaching
6:00-teach Moonbeams One
7:15-actually sit down to eat for the first time since before 7am.
...sometime after that...actually get down to schoolwork, in tonight's case, the presentation for Philosophy of Music tomorrow, on Leonard Bernstein's Norton Lectures: The Unanswered Question.

It's Murphy's Law that I feel like I am starting to come down with a cold...the night before I do a class-long presentation! HOWEVER, it could be worse. I could be coming down with a cold and doing my 3-classes-in-one-day Music Festival day NEXT thursday. Positive spin on things :)

Teaching tonight was different, as my Moonbeams class had only two students there tonight-unfortunately, my student who is struggling the most is on vacation! It really let me see just how much the other two can do, which is more than the other one can. I felt both sad and proud at the same time. Sad that it went so differently, proud of how much they can do. A confusing feeling!

Time to make some more tea...my friend C, who is a complete tea buff (even moreso than me) suggested that red tea with honey would be the best for 'preventing' a cold, if I am developing one. Worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment