Thursday, March 29, 2012

First Semester=Finished

Yes, yesterday at 4:27 pm, I finished first semester. Long story short, I stayed up all night, worked through most of the day on this paper on Carmen, which really ended up being not very good, but it is in. I hope that it at least gets marked, so that the incomplete grade gets changed. Just about anything is better than having an F I sitting on my transcript messing up my GPA.

Was it incredibly stupid of me to pull an all-nighter? Physically, YES, absolutely I should never have done that. Academically...well...

I survived. Actually, it was pretty much the least difficult all-nighter I've done (and I haven't done that many), for whatever reason. Whenever I have done all-nighters, I don't really get tired until the evening, say 6 or 7pm...which was the same for this one...which meant that I could hardly stand up in choir and was swaying a bit more, but I pushed through it and was fine. Mostly, doing an all-nighter for me feels a bit flu-ish. I typically won't want to eat until the evening, so I really couldn't have green tea yesterday. Until almost choir, I subsisted on some dry cheerios and diet 7up while battling shaking, chills and hot flashes. Fortunately, I was able to eat some real food-pasta with sauce-before choir, and drank two bottles of low-calorie vitamin water so I wasn't as likely to faint. Lack of sleep combined with some postural hypo-tension, combined with low blood sugar sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! I think part of the reason that it wasn't as rough of an all-nighter, despite the fact that the night before I got less than 5 hours of sleep, is that I am at such a low dose of seroquel, and therefore wasn't having any seroquel withdrawl effects (which include stomach pain and nausea which has previously happened when I have had to do an all-nighter in the past and the next day when I was catsitting at my sister's place and forgot my seroquel). Plus, I was more careful and didn't eat anything heavy, like I did in December when I had kashi high-protein cereal with milk. I think that was probably what did me in the last time.

And I was sensible and slept for 9.5 hours last night. I think I am going to go to bed relatively soon now, so that I can be up and productive for tomorrow morning, and feel confident about my group presentation on Fluxus (type it into Wikipedia, it is fascinating, but I don't feel like explaining it now).

It was pouring rain today, and really damp and cold, so I am hopeful that tomorrow will be nicer. I am also going to attempt to go to the gym tomorrow after my 20th century class, so I hope that goes well! I MISS RUNNING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment