Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The last of the blankets...

These two are the last of the blankets that will be sent to the Bernat drive for Project Linus (they have to be mailed by September 1st). I have four more blankets on the go but none are close enough to completion to finish by thursday. In total, the count is at 15-3 fleece blankets that I blanket-stitched around, 2 fringed fleece blankets, 5 knit blankets, and 5 crochet blankets! Even if I COULD finish another blanket by thursday, the box is STUFFED, as shown above.

This is a granny square crocheted blanket in Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn.


And this one is another fleece blanket that I blanket-stitched around. Not sure when my mom bought this piece of fleece, but it served no purpose for me anymore. I hope someone loves it!



I intend to continue making blankets for Project Linus for as long as Project Linus exists. I doubt that I'll ever be making them at such a fast rate anymore, but I'm sure they can count on a few from me each year. I do, however, have some other projects to finish, such as some scarves for the church sale, some 'snakes' (which I intend to use as Creepy Crawly Critter C's (made out of left-over yarn), a prayer shawl for a family friend, a sweater for a little girl at church who is turning one in a few weeks, baby sweaters for some of my friend's kids (one just had a baby yesterday, two others are due in December), maybe even finish a couple of things for myself! I still have a vest waiting to be blocked in my closet...it's been waiting for some time now.

It's a human trait that we always want to feel useful and needed. Making these blankets helped me through the past few months of not having a job or school to keep me busy a lot of the time. Plus, it was just plain fun! 15 babies or kids will be getting a special blanket made by me...and I'd be wrong to say that that warm fuzzy feeling isn't happening right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment