Monday, August 15, 2011

High school classmate

I just found out tonight that a high school classmate of mine was just diagnosed last week with a brain tumour. I'm not sure what type, but at only 21 it's hitting quite hard. For me, it seems to have even more significance because of the number of children and young people I follow who have brain tumours or have had brain tumours and since earned their wings. That, and it seems like this is the summer for my friends and classmates to get sick. Although we were never close in high school, he is a wonderful person, very nice and friendly, always smiling. Please remember him in your prayers! If I find out more about his tumour (and I hope I will, I do like to be informed) I will post that as well. I found out because of a little facebook feed, that told me that 15 friends had been added to the group "XXXX graduating class of 2008", and of course I clicked on the group, where I found the information, along with a request for prayers (as a Christian high school this was what I expected in finding a message such as that). May he be surrounded by love and feel the prayers of everyone, even if we have not seen him since graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment