Friday, August 5, 2011

Good news

The good news is that my friend D is completely off of the iv feedings, meaning that the tube feedings are working-placed correctly and all! For the first time, that is some good news. It's my friend N's birthday tomorrow-her second in a row on the hospital ward (ouch...). But, the good news is that she's getting a pass to leave the hospital for some of tomorrow afternoon!!!!! I'm so happy for her to have the pass.

I worked on a bit of scheduling today...although it's not complete because I don't know when my flute lessons and small ensemble rehearsals will be. It's going to be full this fall...which is both refreshing and terrifying. I wasn't really intending to do 14 credits...but that's how it's going to be because of when my required courses are. Last fall, I only managed to do the first month of 20th century music, so I have to complete that. Gack...that course. It's not that it was challenging in and of itself, it's that it's the first course I dropped, the course that I ended up texting through because I was upset and I had a friend (surprise, surprise) in eating disorder treatment (for the first time) that was also going through anger and such, I remember absolutely BOLTING from class when my sister phoned (I had my phone on vib and was sitting near the back) the day after my mom entered the hospital (it turned out to just be my sister asking whether I'd heard anything, but given that my sister and I are not given to phoning one another, especially during the daytime, I was FREAKED to get a phone call from her)...well...20th century will bring back some unpleasant memories.

Good things...another classmate of mine was married today, and another got engaged (I feel like I've said this before). I'm SOOOOOOO happy for my friend J and her now-fiancé D. She is now the third of my high school group to get engaged.

I had to laugh a bit when my dad came home this afternoon from the last day of my church's Vacation Bible School. A number of young people from a fellow presbyterian church had been helping out (high-school, university age), and a lot of them knew me from my high school. One however remembered me from the Wind Ensemble Open House back in-I believe it was November, an 18 year old saxophone player. His description of me? A typical man's description..."yeah, I think I saw her at the open house...really short and thin". As I joked, a woman would have given a much more detailed description "oh yes, I believe she was a flute player, long brown hair, glasses, quite small, wearing blue". Call me crazy but I DO remember exactly what I was wearing, probably because it was the first time I was wearing it...my long-sleeved dark turquoise blouse with the slightly ruffled v-neckline, round-neck black vest, blue plaid skirt, charcoal tights and black boots. I like wearing skirts and it was fun to be slightly dressed up...and to do the open house.

The construction workers are actually going to be coming tomorrow too, and then the window worker is coming on SUNDAY, possibly sunday morning (I said as long as it was before 9:30 or after 12:30 as we'll be away for church between then). It's crazy but I've actually gotten quite used to the workers being around...to having more flies in the house than normal...to having saws and nail guns firing under my bed before 8 in the morning...to having to squeeze under plastic covers and avoid bumping the hot water heater to get to some of the pantry shelves in the basement...well...it will be over soon enough. I'm VERY grateful to my dad for being able to do this for us...but in the end, it really is for me for now. Yes, the house will sell for a lot more when he does sell it, but for now, these renovations mostly benefit me. It's an amazing gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment