Monday, April 15, 2013

You know you have a true friend when...

He tells you that "I spent several hours reading up about Turner's Syndrome...wikipedia, webmd, all that..." when he chats with you on facebook.

I wasn't expecting that, but it definitely touched me. Of course, I do know that this also relates to his natural curiosity. If a friend told me that they had a condition, I would read up on it too if I didn't already know about it! But I certainly didn't expect to hear "Several hours", and definitely not during exam time. To say that Turner's Syndrome is a bit difficult to talk about with men is an understatement. It was quite hard telling my dad that I could have various anomalies with my reproductive system. Not just could, but likely. That I could go into menopause at anytime unless I'm treated with estrogen and progesterone. Of course, I didn't mention this possibility to my male friend, but I'm guessing that he read about all those wonderful possibilities!

That's all for tonight. Finished the first review for my exam in History of Antisemitism and the Holocaust this evening...approximately 150 pages of notes from class to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment