Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Interview with Cliff Williams

Today was a day that I knew would be meaningful, although emotional, for two reasons:
1) This evening was the first emotions group meeting at the Women's Health Clinic as part of my eating disorder treatment.
2) I did an interview telling "my story" from back when I was 17 to an author named Cliff Williams, who is collecting first-hand accounts of suicide attempts, survival etc.

This is an emotional time. Period. It's the winding down of my degree. It's the learning-to-live with the knowledge that I have Turner's. It's...well...a lot of things.

I was SO tired during the group tonight that I was really introverted for most of it, even more than my normal. I just wanted to get home and crawl under my blankets and perhaps cry. Although reading on the bus and listening to Chopin helped a bit. I'm currently reading "The Kite Runner", which is quite interesting, although definitely filled with several sad parts.

Sometimes, it's hard encountering ANYTHING because it reminds me of, say, my mom. Some days it's STILL hard to believe that she is gone.

Life...

No comments:

Post a Comment