Sunday, February 5, 2012

A relatively 'normal' day

Given that life is never really 'normal', no day can ever truly be normal! But, it wasn't crazily out of routine. I could have done without spending two hours out shopping and the resulting chaos. Really, it should have taken about half of that time, but for some reason, it was almost as crazy as a couple of days before Christmas. Is there some holiday that comes up in a couple of days that I missed? I stopped in at Dollarama to get a few things for my Sunbeams One technique toolboxes (squeeze balls and clothespins), and it was ridiculous! It was a beautiful day outside for February-especially up here. Meaning it was above freezing outside. Highly unusual, actually. My shopping in chaos was topped off by getting splashed by a speeding vehicle as I was waiting to cross the lane back to my house. Speeding up to a red light...sigh.

It took longer to finish my Nietzsche reading for Philosophy of Music than I had figured, but it's done. I still need to do some cooking for the week, and practising, and hanging laundry, and working on the paper for Research Methods...but this is a normal feeling on a sunday evening.

The non-normal part of today was basically getting insulted by one of the professors at the university. I sent an email asking about the Chamber Ensemble recital dates for the end of March, mentioning that I hoped the one date was a possibility because both my guitarist and I worked on thursdays and saturdays. She emailed back and gave a bit of an earful about how I should view this like an exam, etc, etc. Well, I AM VIEWING IT LIKE AN EXAM, THIS IS WHY I AM DOING THE RESEARCH TO FIND THE BEST POSSIBLE TIME FOR ALL OF US (coach included) ALMOST TWO MONTHS IN ADVANCE!!!! It really makes me mad when someone thinks that I am not taking things seriously. As those who actually know me will say, I take things too seriously, which is probably why being told I wasn't taking this seriously enough irked me to no end.

Well, time to get on with the week...things like hanging laundry must be done, and I basically have no food in the freezer, so I have to cook something.

No comments:

Post a Comment