Thursday, February 16, 2012

More heart hurts...

I mentioned in a previous post that one of my friends was facing a health crisis...that she found two lumps in her breast, and was getting them checked out. At that point there was a 30% chance of cancer. Things are starting to look like it is falling into that 30% chance, not the 70% chance. One of them is pressing against the chest cavity and will have to be removed, even if it is benign as it could easily become problematic. The other will have to be biopsied to check for cancer.

My heart is aching right now for her. She is hundreds of kilometres away from her main church, her family, and the friends that she has known for the past 19 years. She has only been away at bible college since September. I wish that she was here...

I was attempting to prepare for my midterm in 20th century that is tomorrow when I read this online (and no, that was not delaying studying-I was doing a study group online with some of my 20th century classmates/friends). Now, I'm back to aching again.

Physically, today was a very frustrating day. It was a mattress-over-mind morning. Which, I suppose I needed after the performance of Mahler 4 last night! Mahler, as any musician will tell you is a marathon! Meant less time to work on things, however. I then developed a bit of a headache before Wind Ensemble which took a while to resolve. One thing that I have been noticing the past two or three days is an increased feeling of 'where on earth is my head'. Sort of light-head-y spinniness. Especially after coughing-even briefly. Or standing up. Coughing has actually been not so bad, although it sounds way different. What really bothers me is that I sort of feel like I'm going backwards again in terms of regaining strength and energy. Walking to Wind Ensemble across campus and then walking to the bank from the bus were both a lot more difficult than last week. My left leg has even been in a bit of pain, again, not bad, but irritating-I think it's muscular pain, basically just comes about when I am walking or something like that. One clue that I really have lost strength is that my Moonbeams students-7 and 8 year olds-found it easier to pick up the Pennies for Practice jar tonight than I did. I might add that it is one, not even full, and two, not even that big.

Next week is reading week. Next week is also a big week-doctor's appointment, and my level 2 MYC training seminar. I also need to prep for a midterm, prepare a presentation on Bernstein for my philosophy class, and actually get an essay done for Research Methods. I have GOT to get that done...

Since hearing about my friend SK, I have to admit that my breathing has been a lot harder. Stress makes everything worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment