Thursday, March 28, 2013

Two weeks

Two weeks. I now only have to wait two weeks for the results of my genetics tests. I got phoned this morning to book an appointment. I would have been in within just over a week, except that they kept trying to schedule me for either the last-class-before-an-exam or at the same time as I was writing an exam. I think I annoyed the administrative assistant, but I couldn't help my schedule! I'm a university student, and that week is the start of exam week. April 11th, I find out if I have Turner's and if so, to what degree. My instincts are telling me that I will, even just from the way the phone call was handled. The last time I was tested for something genetic (the hemachromotosis gene), I was told over the phone that I did not carry it. My sister was told over the phone that she did carry it. Of course, that was just being a carrier/not being a carrier, and neither one of us will have any effects from having the gene/not having the gene-my sister only has one copy, so it's like the cystic fibrosis gene for her...no negative effects on her life, although she might pass it on to her children.

I don't think the administrative assistant with the Children's Hospital genetics (everyone, no matter what their age, gets sent there for genetic testing here) centre is used to dealing with University students. Still feel a little bit bad about being so unavailable that week. Can't be helped though. Blame university exam time!

Patience...patience...patience. Please pray with me for patience over the next two weeks, and that I can still concentrate on all that I have to do at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment