Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesdays...known today as Hallelujah, the earthquake never happened.

Thankfully...thankfully...thankfully...one of the nurses with the Eating Disorder program called my cell today and now we're playing telephone tag but only with my cellphone. NO phone calls to my house! It must be part of Murphy's law that you'll start getting phone calls three minutes before your break ends. That's how it was today. I was checking something on my phone at 2:27, three minutes before my break ended when my cell, which was set to silent, got a call, forwarded to my voicemail. I finally get through to voicemail when another call gos through-this is the call from the nurse. So, I phone right back...and get her machine. Seriously, two minutes and they're gone? Well, I do know how busy they are. She then phones my cell back while I'm working, and leaves her number, says she can be reached at such and such a number...um, didn't she say that the first time? I'd left a message explaining that I worked that week until 5:30, and would have my break at 1:30-2:30 and she could either try me then, or I'd try her again. Guess things didn't quite translate?

You know, it's not that I mind insects so much...it's just that I mind them when they crawl out from under my bra when I'm putting away laundry. My family generally tends to hang laundry outside in the summer, so I had a stack of laundry-mostly socks and underwear that I had sitting on my bed. Well, yesterday evening, after I had a shower when I was dressed only in my fluffy robe, I decide to put away my laundry. I move a pair of socks and this rather large brown spider crawls out from under the bra on my bed. Needless to say, I was a little bit shocked and then it took me forever to stomp it with my running-shoed hand. Like I said...it's not that I mind insects and spiders that much...I'd just rather not have them crawling out of my laundry on my bed sort of late in the evening when I'm not really very dressed! That, however, is part of life I guess.

Well, off to practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment