Thursday, August 19, 2010

First blog...ever!

I'm rather new to the blogging world, but I felt somewhat inspired to share about my life. Or maybe I'm simply trying to 'keep up' with my older sister, whose blog has been mentioned as a 'must read' in the social work world. However, it just makes sense for me to blog as well (and I marvel at how many new verbs the english language has added since the start of the internet), given that I love to write, and have a lot to say.

The basics: You've probably assumed that I'm female. I'm 20 years old. I'm a third-year music student. I'm christian, and it is a very important part of my life. I work in a daycare, and babysit frequently. I struggle from time to time with depression and anxiety, and every day with EDNOS, which stands for Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (I'll explain more about that at some point). My mom is dying of cancer.

That's my life in a nutshell. The next few months prove to be a journey, as I embark upon my third year of music studies, start teaching music, begin treatment for my eating disorder, and continue along with my mom as she journies through cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment