Thursday, July 21, 2011

Health...

With all the friends I have who are dealing with health concerns the past two or three weeks, I've really neglected thinking about my own. After feeling quite a bit strange today, I began adding things up and realized that I really do need to see my doctor. And soon, so I'm going to phone first thing on monday. It could be that my levels are fine, but after refreshing my brain and reading up a little bit, I saw that my increased thirst, weakness leading to accelerated heart rate during things that never caused this even a few days ago, fatigue...well...my glucose or electrolyte levels (or both) could be messed up. It might be nothing, but I should get  them checked. If my electrolyte levels were messed up, it could mean that my body wouldn't be able to regulate the amount of fluid my kidneys excrete, this could lead to a number of things. I haven't noticed water retention recently, but it could be leading to my increased thirst. I'm a small person, and after measuring my tea mug and finding out that it holds about 400+mls, and counting that I drink at least 4 cups of red or green tea a day, plus a 300ml mug of milk, and sometimes more water as well...add to this that I'm not that active...and I can see that getting 2000mls a day, well, might be a bit much for me if I'm not exercising for 90 minutes, or walking outside much in the heat. The reason I'm even thinking of increased blood sugar levels is that seroquel can, in uncommon instances, raise blood sugar levels. I don't want that side effect, because it would likely mean I would have to go off the medication, but if it's happening, I do need to get it checked out, and fixed. Please pray for me on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment