Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

"And there were in that same country shepherds, abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. An lo, the Angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were sore afraid. But the angel of the Lord said to them, "Do not be afraid, for a bring you tidings of great job that will be to all people: For born this day, in the city of David, a saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign to you: You will find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger"

"Suddenly, a great company of the heavenly host appeared, praising God and singing "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men"

Despite the fact that this may not be the actual day of his birth, this is a day to honour Jesus, as the saviour of our often hopeless, despicable, deplorable world. Everything else about this season is secondary. Reminding myself this is helping. In everything I do, I want to honour Christ and be a light to the world. I'll close with one of my favourite quotes ever, from one of my biggest inspirations, Mother Teresa

"I can do no great things, only small things with great love"

No comments:

Post a Comment