Saturday, April 21, 2012

FINALLY!

After several weeks of waiting, my marks for first semester were finally updated on thursday. Seriously, how long does it take for two marks to be input to let me know that I got an A+ in Research Methods and a B+ in Opera History? Obviously, I would have preferred an A in Opera History, but given how rough everything has been this year, I'm okay with a B+. Now, if they could only update my student status from On Probation back to Dean's Honour List!

This past week has been a relieving week with getting good marks. I found out that I got an 87.7 on my jury, giving me a B+ for my final grade in major practical study. By .2%, my jury grade was the best yet. I guess the answer to everything is that I really am no judge of my abilities right now, because I felt that I would get the lowest mark of my four juries. Similarly, I felt that I would not do very well on my final 20th century paper, and my professor emailed me my grade, and it was 90%-A. Then, my wind ensemble conductor emailed me my grade for wind ensemble, which was an A as well. I just need to wait for my marks for 20th century, Philosophy of Music and my second ensemble (the flute/guitar duet) to come through. I will like get an A or even an A+ in 20th century, hopefully an A but more likely a B+ in Philosophy of Music, and I would REALLY like a B+ in second ensemble, but because my director is quite a tough marker, it might only be a B (again...despite my efforts this year).

For the first time since September 8th, I have no papers to write, no exams or tests to study for, no readings to do...I only have to practice if I WANT to (which I do, don't get me wrong!)...

What this says is that my stress has obviously been considerably relieved. Yet I am still having breathing episodes, like yesterday during my friend Haley's recital.

This is not just a stress issue. The test for me was whether being done school would cure it, and it hasn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment