Monday, November 1, 2010

Whew. Like I said, I worry too much about things. My wind ensemble conductor emailed me back with "Of course-take as much time as you need. We are all thinking of you and your family in this time".

I'm hurting even more now though. When I went on facebook, I found out that the car crash this weekend resulting in two teenage fatalities and one other teenager in critical condition involved a friend of one of my good friends. I'm trying to send support to her, but I'm definitely feeling emotionally exhausted and in need of support myself. And so I feel bad about not being able to offer her more support. I wish that we could see each other right about now and exchange hugs and then drink too much tea.

It makes me really frustrated about things. The crash was due at least in part to a 17 year old who was driving under the influence of alcohol. So I'm angry and frustrated at all the problems that alcohol causes. 4 teenagers whose lives are forever influenced or ended, possibly from just one or two drinks...

Just one of the many reasons I have never had a drink of alcohol even though legal age for where I live is 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment