Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hormonal Washout/Mental Health Awareness Day

As anyone who has read this blog a bit knows, I have had my mental health struggles for some time. Probably nearing half my life, if not longer? Definitely by the time I was thirteen or fourteen years old.

Apparently it's Mental Health Awareness day, sponsored (of course everything has to be sponsored) by Bell. More than one friend of mine has shared something on Facebook. No one has been criticized, if anything, I see a great sense of support/pride.

Somehow I can't.

But, of course, for someone who couldn't tell their closest friend (from outside of the jr high/high school group that knew me during the most impulsive times) for more than three years after becoming friends about their darkest bit of past...

Putting myself out there...

I am tempted.

But scared.

Right now, I am also on the "week off" the hormones. While upping my imipramine dosage has helped the past three weeks be a bit less of a roller-coaster ride, coming off the hormones the past two days has been like a crash-and-burn event. Right now I am feeling SO sensitive emotionally. Or perhaps I am just extra tired. Probably both.

For this year, I think I am remaining silent. Which is sad, because it is just reinforcing the silence that is SO there. That on the outside we look great. On the inside, not always so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment