Monday, November 19, 2012

The last 2.5 weeks of semester

A wonderful way to start the last 2.5 weeks of semester is to sleep in on a monday when you went to bed if anything slightly earlier than normal. Sleep in when you have gotten very decent amounts of sleep the past three nights. Sleep in...until 10:30. Get about 10.5 hours of sleep. I keep trying to convince my body that it is 22 years old and there is no need to sleep like I did when I was 10! It doesn't want to listen. In fact, it was only the fact that it was 10:30 in the morning that managed to get me up, I was still tired, and wanting a nap on the bus instead of reading "The Anguish of the Jews" for History of Antisemitism while bussing to my piano lesson this afternoon.

According to the psychology lecture I watched last night, I fall into the unlucky category of approximately 2% of people who need 9.5 hours of sleep or more per night. I wish I could be on the other end of the spectrum and be in the category of people who only need 4.5 hours of sleep a night! Wouldn't that be wonderful for a university student.

Methinks that a checkup with my doctor or perhaps getting a check from the nurse-practitioner with the eating disorder program would be a good idea. But again...time. Time...it is always a matter of time. Time was what prevented me from getting checked out by my doctor last year before December 7th, when as they say, everything hit the fan and my body decided to put on a spectacular collapse show. I guess it figured that the only way to get me to start listening was to put on a very, very public show during a rehearsal with about forty-five people in attendance.

Well, December 5th this year is the last day of semester, and it proves to be a stressful day with two exams-both psychology and History of Antisemitism. I have to remind myself that I CAN DO THEM and that it will NOT be as bad as I fear and that I am NOT GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER SPECTACULAR EPISODE like what happened in orchestra rehearsal last year. I get fears especially in my non-music classes that if something happens, no one will know what's going on at all. I guess that's the push to get myself a medic alert bracelet so that it could easily be seen that I have a heart condition. I guess it's just fear, because sometimes I get afraid that I will have something go wrong when I'm teaching. The funny thing is that in many of my classes, there are nurses! But the point is that I definitely don't want to suddenly faint or something with young children around.

December 7th this year will likely be a very calm day with only some studying and essay writing for my History of Music in Canada class. Much better than last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment