Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The depression veil

The depression veil...that's how best I can describe it. When it comes, it comes with very little warning, suddenly enveloping me. Makes my eyes suddenly tired, and slightly welling up for no reason. Feeling like the light in the room just dimmed even though it hasn't. My head no longer feeling quite 'there' and my brain stopping concentrating properly as my chest tightens. A feeling nearly impossible to lift no matter how hard I try and that makes me want to disappear into bed. When things are situational, playing one of my instruments, listening to music, watching a funny episode of MASH, knitting or crocheting...any of those will easily help my mood return to a somewhat normal stasis. But when the depression veil comes over, nothing except going to bed and waking up the next day...or sometimes after several days...will 'cure' it.

Practising the piano tonight was, well, lacking. My heart wasn't in it, although yesterday I could hardly tear myself away from the instrument. I have a paper due in a little over a week, and although I have read the book, I haven't started writing the paper yet-going through the book for the second time and writing down the points that I marked previously (if they still make sense). I have hundreds of pages of textbook to catch up on...and I don't think I'm even really exaggerating with that number. But all I can think about is my bed.

That is life with depression, or at least my kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment