Thursday, September 20, 2012

Denied...at 22...

I found out that I am "uninsurable". Meaning that I am considered too high risk to have term insurance put on. At only 22 years of age.

Not exactly a nice part of my day, even though I had sort of anticipated it coming. The wonders of having a heart defect. Through no fault of my own, through a matter of my birth, I am considered 'high risk', despite plenty of other factors that prove that I'm not a risk. Including the words of doctors.

Well...that's life I guess. Doesn't feel great to know that if I get married and have children, I won't be able to have security around for them. Or for my father or sister.

Can't do anything about it I suppose, so I'm going to go and do something I can do, one of the things that makes my life feel fulfilled...getting things ready to teach my Moonbeams Two class tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment