Thursday, July 26, 2012

Surgery...takes a while to heal from...

Going into getting my wisdom teeth removed, I figured that I would feel some pain (hoped that it would be fine with just advil, which it was), would probably swell (yes, I did, to a ridiculous level where my normally thin cheeks were so big and heavy that when I got up to walk around I would literally gently hold them up), and would have a bit of bruising (yes, but not that bad...mostly just a yellow patch on my left cheek).

What I didn't anticipate was how run-down it would make me feel, and for how long. It's now been almost a week, yet, I am still unable to rise at my normal time, despite going to bed with plenty of time to sleep. Let's just say I'm not too keen on sleeping for 10 hours every night. Right now, my bed is covered in things like my knitting basket, slippers, photo albums, yoga mat, running shoes, cell phone charger, purse, backpack...all those things that normally stay on my floor, but are up there because this morning I told myself that I WAS GOING TO VACUUM MY ROOM. My sudden inspiration that I should vacuum my closet too and not just the 'highlights' only worsened the situation. As I was moving things, my legs started to get that energy-drain feeling. Unfortunately, it is now a feeling that I know all too well.

So, I sit on my bedroom floor with my bed covered in everything, and not enough energy to run the vacuum or even to just move everything. Sigh.

I guess healing takes a while, and takes longer when your body has another struggle to overcome (my heart)...but I would like to be back to normal! No one told me that it was going to be so long of a healing period, all I was told was to "take it easy for a day or so". Perhaps if I'd known that recovery would take longer for me, I wouldn't be so frustrated with myself. Meanwhile, my brain ponders the possibility of sleeping on my bedroom floor tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment