Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bernat Baby Blanket Corner to Corner Blanket

Sometimes, it's nice to have a blanket made from REALLY thick yarn because it works up so fast! This one didn't take very long at all to make. It's a corner to corner blanket in a seed stitch pattern-so you increase or decrease every other row. The seed stitch means that it's Knit 1, Purl 1 all the way across, giving it a bit more texture. Because Wal-Mart didn't have enough of any single colour, I figured that combining two would work out okay, and it did. So, here it is in Baby Blue and Funny Prints. I decided that I would just knit until I was out of yarn/almost out of yarn on the "10th row of pattern" so it's a bit larger than the pattern specified. Oh well. I have no problems with that, and I'm sure some small child will not either! I never understand the patterns that have baby blankets only, say, 28 x 27 inches. If you have a well-knit or crocheted baby blanket, you will want it to last well into their childhood. Mine was definitely an adequate blanket until I hit around double digits in age. Okay, so I was a strange child in that I was stunted in growth (or so it seemed), but either way, mine lasted a LONG time in it's original blanket on bed/couch type of function. It is STILL on my pillow every night, and I have definitely been known to put it around my shoulders while studying or working on late night essays. My good friend B. told me that until just a few months ago, her blankie was on her pillow every night...until she found a guy and felt that she didn't need it anymore. And she is 26!

Anyways...


2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do this pattern, but am confused as to why some lines show a seed stitch of K1 P1 and then other times (like row 10) it shows K1. yo. P1. Sine you are already doing a yo with every seed stitch, am I missing something when they add that direction to yo in some lines?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is to provide the outside edge as far as I know. YO is a little bit different-it creates an increase in the stitches.

      Delete