Saturday, December 29, 2012

Been having a bit of a hard time today, just processing everything. The more I read about Mosaic Turner's Syndrome the more just about everything seems to fit. I read one professional article today that even stated that eating disorders, having more difficulty making friends, leaving home later, having more problems getting into relationships with guys...can be related to Turner's. For goodness sakes, I even found out that my choice of job occupations so far-working in the daycares, teaching my kids...are really common choices among women with Turner's (of various levels).

Reading about Mosaic Turner's Syndrome basically explained ME. I'm not sure whether to pray that I have it and then everything would be explained, or whether to pray that I don't have it and still have questions.

Right now I have things to be grateful for even if I do have Mosaic Turner's Syndrome...I have at least some of my well, characteristics so there is hope that I would have at least some chance of fertility.

I finished my paper on thursday, but perhaps it would have been easier to still have it to work on...distractions and all.

I haven't told my dad yet about this possibility (or my sister for that matter). Neither one of them actually knew that I was at the geneticist on thursday. Actually, very few people did...my friends K and B I have let know about the possibility of this, and my doctor knew that I was going to be seeing the geneticist. But that's it. Because this deals with my reproductive system...well...that's not exactly the easiest thing to talk about with people. Like my dad. And I have 2-3 months to wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment