Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's been a little while. Things have been going pretty well, all things considered. I've been experimenting by lowering my seroquel the past couple of weeks. I was at 125mg, I'm down to 75mg. So far I can still sleep, and sleep relatively well, although I do remember waking up three times last night (which is not normal on the seroquel). I'm not intending to go fully off the seroquel, and in two or three more weeks, I just might go back to my normal dosage-this is mainly an experiment during an unstressful time when sleep is not as vital to make sure that I CAN. I think tonight I might try going down to 50mg and seeing how that works. Unfortunately, even with decreasing the seroquel dosage, I'm still having issues getting up in the morning (which was never the case before seroquel). On thursday night I decided that instead of lying back down in bed after shutting the first (of 8) alarms off that I would instead lie down on the floor if I had to lie back down. I figured it would make me uncomfortable enough to encourage me to get up. Well, didn't quite work...the body's natural defenses worked in making me grab a blanket and then a cushion...and eventually just get back in bed! So much for that bright idea.

I'd ask for prayers for my friend Cassandra's daughter Autumn, who was admitted to the hospital yesterday in ketoacidosis (extremely high blood sugar levels than can lead to a diabetic coma). She's been diabetic since early October, so I'm hoping this just means that they need to retune her insulin levels. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have your child suddenly spiral like that and I hope that the doctors figure things out quickly! I can't even help in any tangible way, because she is probably about 2,000 km from me, down in South Carolina. If everything works out somehow though, I might, just might, get to see them in August! There's a flute conference in North Carolina and my flute teacher really thinks I should consider it. I'm interested, and if so, maybe there's someway that Cassie and I can work things out. I haven't seen her in almost five years and I've never met Autumn. Communicating via facebook is all right, but definitely not enough!

The main project I've been working on the past couple of weeks is a sweater for Autumn. I'm just finishing sewing the picot hems and then I need to tidy the button holes and sew on the buttons, but I'll definitely post a picture too. It's the first sweater I've made so hopefully nothing's gone horribly wrong :P

No comments:

Post a Comment