Saturday, January 15, 2011

DIPG Angels-in honour of Alexis Agin and Bizzie Stein

After reading a book (I mentioned it in a previous post) called "Notes left behind", I went on the site and found the websites (mostly CaringBridge or CarePages sites) of a number of families dealing with childhood cancer, in particular pediatric brain cancer, one of the most difficult to treat. Two blogs that I began following regularly were those of four-year-old Alexis Agin, and three-year-old Bizzie (Elizabeth) Stein. After a battle of almost 34 months, Alexis Agin was finally free of the DIPG at around 3:04 yesterday afternoon, and today, after a journey of eight months, Bizzie Stein joined her. This post is to honour the legacy of these precious girls, and as a tribute to their families. Although I have never, and likely will never meet them, they have been an inspiration during one of my own most difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment